Wednesday, July 30, 2008

with a tune in my heart

i may have caved on refined sugar and thomas the tank engine dvds, but i've held firm on allowing noxious children's "music" to seep into our lives. driving in the car with two children under age 5 is bad enough; driving with them while listening to "i'm a little teapot" would make me commit a felony.

so it warmed my mother's heart today when my kids requested music by semisonic. here are other favorites:
  • lily allen
  • herbie hancock
  • digable planets
  • the ramones
  • frankie goes to hollywood (hey, i never said my musical tastes were good; i just said no children's music)

2 comments:

familyfeedingdynamics said...

smart! I am trying to teach the kid a little of my German so I bought german kids' music, and its actually way worse than the US stuff. think synthesized polka music with choirs of whiny (somehow kids singing in german sound whiny) ...kids singing in german.

Tastebud Tart said...

i agree. i am always pleased when AJ requests the beatles in fornt of other folks. makes me feel proud and superior... for the moment... before he starts playing with his penis.