Sunday, February 22, 2009

wake up - dinner's ready!

it's 10 a.m., and dinner is cooking. tonight i'm debuting easy pork ragu, because any recipe that starts with the word easy is a recipe for me.

indifferent is probably the kindest term that can be applied to my cooking, and this fit the bill:  brown meat, then dump in a crock pot with some other stuff and fuhgeddabodit. i'm loving me some crock pot these days, having recently rediscovered the hand-me-down one i got years ago from a friend (hint for carbon-dating:  it's harvest gold).

maybe this pork thingie will be tasty, maybe not. all i know is i'll be able to put it in front of my people and call my part done.

kwizine at its finest.

1 comment:

Suzi said...

The joys of older (allergy free!) kids. Tonite is "fend for self night". Mommy's NOT cooking, find something to eat on your own. Mac & cheese w/pizza rolls seems to be the meal of choice for them! Thanks goodness they can now boil water w/o fear!