Wednesday, November 21, 2007

jenny and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

when my brother and i were kids, one of his favorite books was alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. in it, alexander is subjected to all sorts of tribulations and indignities ("my bath was too hot, i got soap in my eyes, my marble went down the drain, and i had to wear my railroad-train pajamas. i hate my railroad-train pajamas.")

i know that my woes are minor compared to, say, the situation in darfur. but i'm not in darfur; i'm in minneapolis, where today i have:
  • plunged the toilet,
  • washed dishes in pails,
  • picked up my toddler after she fell onto the gravel and cut her head,
  • played about 27,000 games of go fish,
  • gone to the grocery store the evening before thanksgiving with two small children, where they didn't have what i needed,
  • broken up umpteen fights and cleaned up as many spills, and
  • almost strangled myself when the cord to my cell phone headset got caught in the steering wheel (safety first!).
i think i'll move to australia.

No comments: