Monday, May 12, 2008

mom dialing

my friends and i are now securely past the age of drunk dialing (calling up a current/ex/prospective boyfriend when intoxicated).

but sadly, phone faux pas continue, because we have entered the age of mom dialing. that's when your brain is so addled by child bearing/rearing that you make unintended calls. i submit as evidence:
  • my best friend just called me and said, "oh, i wasn't trying to call you, i was trying to call my sister (who happens to be my other best friend)."
  • i've called one of them, intending to call the other, on several (ok, many) occasions.
  • i've called myself more than once (cell if i'm at home, and vice versa) trying to reach friend a or friend b.
  • and i've phoned people and by the time they've picked up, i've already forgotten who i've called ("oh, hi...you!").
so remember, don't breed and dial.

No comments: