Wednesday, September 10, 2008

mount olympus, extreme northwestern division

after not cooking anything really, well, good for the last three years in deference to food-allergy baby, today i made a batch of chocolate chip cookies (after purchasing some outrageously expensive vegan pretenders at whole foods yesterday for aforementioned baby).

and OH MY GOD. 
butter! 
butter and sugar and eggs and more sugar and more butter!

i was never one of those eat-the-raw-cookie-dough types, and what the hell was my problem? raw cookie dough is the food of the gods.

******

and a post script:

who eats HALF a fresh, warm chocolate chip cookie and throws away the rest? my kid, that's who. at least, my ob claimed she was my kid. i think a dna test is in order...

1 comment:

familyfeedingdynamics said...

about once a year we eat cookie dough for dinner. As much as we want. It usually lasts us for awhile because we feel so sick after! I highly recommend it. I make oatmeal cookies for Kid, and I always indulge in the dough, but could take or leave the cookies...