Wednesday, February 13, 2008

to say up yours, please press 2

i've had occasion during the past couple of days to be on the phone with customer service reps of various companies (charles schwab, qwest) in various far-flung locales (phoenix, salt lake city).

at the end of every conversation, each one of them has cheerfully inquired, "so, how's the weather there in minneapolis?" and it's not like they're asking in a nice way; the smug snickering is barely disguised in their voices.

to which i have responded in an equally cheerful voice, "why, it sucks! thank you for asking."

oh. and now it's snowing. again. keeel me.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Yeah, like when I talk to my sister in PA, no matter how cold it is here, it's always colder there because they have wind chill. Screw that, we have sun chill here, so there!

BEEP!!!

Aunt Kristie said...

I know what your saying my relatives live in Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota we are the only ones living in California. My dad would say the only day of summer is the fourth of July. We Are norwegian and lutheran too-boot. I like the people in Minnesota they are strong healthy and aren't scraping by paying taxes and mortgages. Most of my relatives are able to take vacations to warm sunny places. i admire the people of the midwest including yourself. i love your stories, Debbie shares them with me. i know your neighbors probably say "Uffda".