Monday, February 18, 2008

ugh

thing two and i both still have the plague. i spent most of the weekend in bed; she spent most of the weekend shrieking if she wasn't sitting or lying on me. very restful.

last night, barnacle baby kept waking up and shrieking for mama, so i finally laid down with her in her bed. which meant when she woke up shrieking, i was close enough for her to do it directly into my ear canal.

and shriek she did, about every 45 minutes. what she didn't do was notice that i was RIGHT THERE rubbing her back, stroking her cheek, whispering soothing nothings, and generally being a nice mommy. but she was so out of it, it took her about 10 minutes to clue into the fact that i was RIGHT THERE. then she'd fall back asleep, spin herself around until she was at a 90 degree angle to me, and kick me over and over again.

this was repeated about 159 times during the night. i may be exaggerating.

now i'm off to my pre-dawn mammogram. it should be like a trip to club med after last night.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I have read so many blogs about people with this plague, I'm afraid I'll get it by reading the words. I must resist reading blogs for a week. I think I'll go drink my OJ and vodka now. That should kill whatever germs are in there now.